Monday, December 17, 2012

This Just In....

After my previous post, I stumbled onto this blog entry by a woman who is raising a child she fears will grow up to be a killer.  Her bravery in sharing her story is something to behold, in my mind, and she brings up a very valid point.  We will talk gun control in the wake of National tragedies like the school in Connecticut or the mall in Oregon, but when do we start having real and meaningful conversations about Mental Illness in this country?

Even if, heaven forbid, there is no cure or help for the person afflicted with the mental illness, shouldn't we at least, as a society provide their families with support BEFORE another national tragedy occurs at the hands of their child?

Please hop on over and read this brave woman's blog post.....








http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html



~Mari B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Upon a quick review of your post - to make sure you have not made me cry or really ticked me off - your comments will appear!