Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wake Up, America!!!



The fact that our President is using the military, veterans, and social security recipients as his 'hostages' in order to blackmail Congress to raise the debt ceiling is so reprehensible to me that I could literally throw up. He is the Commander-in-Chief and the fact that he, basically, said he was willing to throw his employees under the bus makes him a traitor against his own troops, in my eyes.  Should he actually prove good on his threat, that would be an act of treason, according to our Constitution, and he should be tried for it.

The fact that he talks out of both side of his mouth and is a freakin' two-faced hypocrite doesn't surprise me. It appears to be a requirement for the job of politician to be such.


"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."


~Senator Obama in 2006.

Now, just this week he introduces a new gun bill.  Sure - let's pass this new bill that will ONLY cost $500,000,000 (and gives nothing to law enforcement to afford enforcement of the bill) - we can afford it - we are going to just raise the debt ceiling OR not pay the military and veterans - SO NO PROBLEM!!!

There's nothing worse than the government doing something to you and you having no say or control. Our first paycheck came in after the country went off the 'fiscal cliff'. Thank YOU Mr. President and Congress. My husband not only doesn't get a DIME of his measly 1.7 military pay increase but you are also taking an additional $60 a month away from us! Just using the figures from our single-family, middle class income that equals roughly $1400 a year we do not get - but the government does.

Let's play this out to the entire 240 million middle class working Americans. You are now taking in an additional $336,000,000,000 a year in revenue. Yep, $336 BILLION. But you can't lower the debt ceiling, decrease spending, or guarantee that after February you will be able to pay the Military, Veterans, of Social Security recipients.

An 8th grader with a rudimentary civics lesson would be able to see the ludicrousness of your leadership, Congress' theft and moral bankruptcy, and the joke the USA has become by claiming to be a world leader.  The entire US government - President, VP, Congress - the whole lot of them are now officially asstwats in my book. I wish they would start coitusing themselves instead of the American people

I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually lose faith in my government. So congratulations, Mr. President and Congress. You all also accomplished that as well.

I hate to be a downer, but clearly we are well encased in our basket on our way to hell and we are too busy keeping up with the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty, and all the other mindless pursuits we pursue to numb ourselves from the drudgery of our lives to clearly see the erosion, rather the decent, that is taking place. They are going to take away all our rights and control us completely. We will be a bad sci-fi novel come to life, one day.

They want our weapons - taking away our ability to protect ourselves from those who want to rule over us. They want to take away our other freedoms, including freedom of speech - and with the media's help, already have in so many ways. They want to tax us to death - and beyond.

I'm so disgusted with the United States of America - and mostly because even though it will be too late, the day will come when we look back and realize we had no one to blame but ourselves!!

There is one thing the President has said that I totally agree: "Americans deserve better." 

We should demand better. Our government caused these problems with their greed, selfish legislation, regulation, and continuing compromises that put us in a worse and worse position. They all need to be voted out, every last f*cking one of them. We need to start anew....making sure the newly elected understand we won't put up with the game being played the way it has been for the last 70 plus years!

~Mari B.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you pulled no punches. I'm glad that you own your blog (I mean that as in "own your belief and stand with it). While I do not agree with you at all on this, please know that I would defend your right to keep espousing this view, no matter how different from mine as it is. Thank you for blogging this and I will remain your devoted listener/reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments. While I can understand where parts of my post would be disagreeable to some, or many, I'm fascinated that you state you do not agree with me at all! Nonetheless, I appreciate you being a devoted listener/reader!

      ~Mari B.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you 100%......It saddens me to see a government that should be doing good be so bad........the one thing i don't get is....we as homeowners and adults have bills every month we have to pay.......well if our bills are not paid and become late they take our right to the use of it away.......so now i am wondering when the day comes for our government to pay back their debts....whats going to happen when they don't have the money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. $336,000,000,000 would be $336 billion, not trillion. I'm not sure if the US has taken in $336 trillion dollars in revenue in its entire history.

    I also don't think you really understand the debt ceiling. The whole point is that you can't pick and choose which bills to pay. If you add up military spending, veterans benefits, social security, medicaid, and medicare, all things that most people agree we should not just stop funding, you get about 65-70% of the federal budget. In any given month we taken in only about 60% of the revenues needed. So you literally can't fund everything. It has nothing to do with deciding on spending cuts. To make it more complicated, you get revenues at different times than bills are due. You might get a bill for military paychecks on Wednesday, but not get the revenues you need to pay that until Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon -

      Thank you for catching my TRI that was to be a BI. Other than that, I'll simply say that while you may believe I don't understand the debt ceiling, you clearly did not understand the POINT of my post. And while I think you are trying to be condescending, I've let it post.

      Delete
    2. And one other thing of note: Since lowering the debt ceiling is so difficult, you would think then that the Leaders wouldn't make ultimatums involving it. You'd think they'd understand the complicated process and the compromise that is required instead of saying what has been said.

      Delete
  4. Great post and people do need to wake up.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Upon a quick review of your post - to make sure you have not made me cry or really ticked me off - your comments will appear!